Take a deep dive into one of the most important schools of Bujinkan Ninjutsu with Sensei Dena Johnson and Ephraim Cheever
Sensei Ephraim and Sensei Dena teaching with Daishihan Richard Van Donk at the 2021 IBDA Tai Kai
Join the official virtual dojo of the International Bujinkan Dojo Association on an exploration of the Gyokko Ryu – one of the oldest and most influential schools in Bujinkan Ninjutsu! This college level course will go in depth on the history and basics of the ryuha, as well as working through each waza in the school with variations. After completing the Gyokko Ryu studies, students will move on to study aspects of the Kukishinden Ryu Hanbojutsu, or three foot staff.
This course will cover all requirements for the Nidan rank as outlined by the International Bujinkan Dojo Association and Daishihan Richard Van Donk.
Classes will be held one Sunday a month (unless that falls on a holiday or when stated differently). Course year starts each May / June; you can only join the class at the start of the course year!
The following are required to attend and / or pass the course:
- – Must currently hold rank of 2nd Kyu or higher (must promote to Shodan within six months of starting course)
- – Students must participate live in 80% of classes (19 out of 24 classes)
- – Partner / Uke is required for course
- – Homework will be assigned each month and must be completed to pass course
- – Purchase or possess the IBDA Nidan Densho, either the physical binder or the virtual course
Several other books and videos will be recommended throughout the course, but not required.
Students will receive exclusive access to a collection of videos not available in public!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions!